Steven Rogers is a former member of the United States Air Force who, after working as a police officer for many years, became a professional nut job.
By “professional nut job,” I mean he’s both professional and a nut job. Despite his lengthy military background, for example, he said nothing when Donald Trump mocked a POW, mocked a Gold Star Family, admitted he had five military deferments, lied about his phone call to the widow of a fallen soldier. Hell, he identifies himself as a former campaign “advisor” to Trump. Strangely, he also uses a really blurry photograph on the homepage of his shit website.
Regardless, somehow or another Rogers has 138,000 Twitter followers—the vast majority of whom, I’m quite certain, think we need to make American great again by banning Muslims, building walls and giving everyone a semiautomatic weapon. And tonight, because Rogers is Rogers, he Tweeted this:
The points I love:
• A man walked into a church and killed 26 people—with a military style rife. But this has nothing to do with guns. Because, truly, if you use your imagination while simultaneously popping a whole bunch of shrooms, the gun could have been a panda. Or a banana. Or a panda holding a banana. And, under these panda-and-banana circumstances, the tragedy had nothing to do with guns.
• “The Lt Gov of Texas & I articulated what we believe the problem is.” Um, asshole—who the fuck are you? You hold no position. You don’t work for the government. You don’t work for the NRA. You’re a nobody with a bunch of Twitter followers. So while folks might find a lieutenant governor’s stance interesting, you are a Wal-Mart greeter, a local CPA, a dentist, a Little League coach, a computer programer. In other words, you are insignificant to this issue. You don’t matter.
• “This is not the time for liberals to advance their agenda.” Assfuck, the agenda is safety. Period. I have two kids. I would prefer someone not walk into their schools and start shooting. Now, you might thing there’s an approach to this that might differ from my belief. But that doesn’t mean the agenda (safety) is something to be mocked.
• “Have you any decency!” This is the best. Why? Because hours after the New York gun attack, there was Rogers … calling for Donald Trump’s travel ban. Hypocrisy, meet Steve.
• As a side note, I love this gem on Rogers’ 1991-is-calling-and-it-wants-its-material-back website …