So the above Tweet comes via Bruce Feldman, the excellent college football writer.
It is mortifying.
Here are the questions I’d like to ask the UT administrators who approved such a thing:
- What are you trying to teach your “student-athletes” about the value of money?
- What are you trying to teach your “student-athletes” about greed?
- If you had asked your incoming “student-athletes” whether they’d rather have 43-inch flat-screen televisions at each locker, or whether those 43-inch flat-screen televisions (or the money used to acquire them) could be donated to inner-city after-school programs, what would they choose?
- What does this say about the values of your school?
- What does this say about how little you think of your recruits? How they’ll come to UT because of materialism?
- When you go home at night, and you think about luring 18-year olds to campus with shit like this, can you sleep soundly?
Seriously, it’s disgusting. But I love this response …